Can't find the answer to your question? Below you will find a list of JKL Real Estate's most frequently asked questions. If you still find your questions hasn't been answered, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will be more than happy to assist.

Do I need Landlords Insurance?

It is not compulsory to have landlords insurance however, if you are a client of JKL, you need landlords insurance. The risk is just to great.

Landlord insurance can cover unforeseen circumstances such as:

  • Public Liability
  • Loss of rental income
  • Rent default or theft from tenants
  • Accidental Damage
  • Malicious Damage or Vandalism
  • Damage from leaking pipes or unforeseen repair costs
How do I find JKL Real Estate to visit your office?

JKL Real Estate is located in a prominent location in the Forster CBD. Visit our Contact Us page for our address information. Click Here.

How do I switch to JKL from another agency?

The process is easy! All you have to do is make the decision and we can provide a smooth transition for you. You may need to give notice in writing to you current agency, this notice period with be dependant on the details of your agreement with them. Once that is submitted we can handle it all for you.

There are a couple of forms that you will need to sign and from there, JKL will make contact with your current managing agent and arrange everything.

How long does a lease last for?

Generally, residential tenancy lease periods are either for 6 or 12 months. This may be altered or varied under certain circumstances to suit the needs of either tenants or landlords. If you have questions regarding lease periods, it is best to discuss this with an experienced property manager. Contact us today.

How much will the tenant bond be?

The bond for a residential rental property is equivalent to four weeks rent.

For Example: If you sign a tenancy agreement for a rental property that is $400.00 per week, the bond for this property will be $1,600.00.

The only exception to this is if a property is furnished, in which case the bond is equivalent to six weeks rent.

How often are routine inspections conducted?

At JKL we do an inspection 3 months after a new tenant commences and then typically every 4 to 6 months after that. However, a routine inspection can be done up to 4 times a year if required, including two landlord inspections.

We will give our tenants at least 7 days written notice of an inspection and if a tenant is not able to be present, JKL will access the property using our set of keys.

Routine inspections are conducted to assess that a tenant is caring for the property, that it is kept clean and tidy inside & out and also to assess if any maintenance is required.

What do you charge to manage my property?

We pride ourselves on the value and service we provide to our clients. We are not the cheapest, however our fees are indicative of the quality and commitment we provide to our landlords.

For further information on our services as a managing agent, or to get your free information pack click here to contact us.

What is Rental Bonds Online? (RBO)

This is an online service for NSW property agents, self-managing landlords and tenants to lodge, claim and refund residential rental bond money.This has replaced the old system of mailing bond cheques and paperwork off to Fair Trading for each tenancy.

Bonds lodged online using RBO do not need signed paper forms. Instead, both the property agent (or self-managing landlord) and the tenant log on to their individual RBO accounts to conduct rental bond transactions. To replace signatures on forms, RBO uses other security measures, such as account passwords and security codes sent by SMS to your mobile phone. If you have questions regarding this process, please contact a JKL property expert.